If you’re going to be visiting New York City in the summer time, and you want to avoid being elbowed by a local, standing in long check-out lines at your hotel, and a few other key suggestions, watch this video of 5 tips for New York City tourists from a New Yorker.
Here’s a wrap-up if you don’t have 6 minutes to watch. No worries, I won’t take it personally.
1. Avoid summer travel if you can.
2. Don’t stop in the middle of the sidewalk to sight-see. Seriously.
3. If you pay for a cab with your credit card, it’s an automatic 20% tip. Use cash-ola!
4. If you drive into the city and park at a hotel, parking will usually run you $50-$60 per day. Don’t do it!
5. If you’re flying out on Sunday, take an early morning flight to avoid ginormous crowds.