Here is the presentation that I gave at TBEX’15 in Costa Brava, Spain. It is an introduction and general overview of how we as travel entrepreneurs can use webinars to grow our email lists and content libraries.
Below are a few of the notes from the presentation that help to support the slides.
Webinars are online on screen presentations that deliver value to the user. It can be a sales presentation or strictly an educational presentation.
Webinars are unique in that they allow, you, the present to deliver information live or recorded over your computer as well as interact with your audience in real time.
Why use webinars?
You want to use them to present your content in a different fashion. We can tweet, blog, pin, instagram, post Facebook updates of our information. Webinars are another tool to present your information and allow you a more interactive way to present your information to followers as well as build your content library through that interaction and webinar.
What can you get out of webinars?
- Webinars help to increase your authority.
- Increase sales – webinars give you, in real-time, an opportunity to show how your product or service functions and can benefit your prospect.
- Build content library – After you’ve done your webinar and recorded it, you can deliver that content to the same clients or to future ones. It helps to expand your content library by giving you a new form of sharing your information. People want to consume info in very different ways (either via blogs, photos, videos, podcasts or webinars).
- You can turn your presentation into a video. You can re-purpose your slides for SlideShare. You can break up your webinar and create individual blog posts. You can use that interaction and feedback from your audience (their questions or answers) and turn all of that information into blog posts or whitepapers. You can expand the subject matter from your webinars and create ebooks.
There are over a dozen webinar platforms on the market and new ones popping up every week as more people integrate them into their business.
In slide 8, I spoke about general ways that you can use webinars to grow your business. But let’s discuss some specific ways in which travel entrepreneurs (writers, marketers, bloggers, authors, coaches) can use webinars to help grow or complement their business.
- To Teach.
- To build your content library
- To Build your list and sell
You just need to figure out what you want to teach and what you want to sell.
Structuring your presentation
Slide 18 is a 6-part breakdown of how you would structure your webinar presentation.
Setup a hashtag for your webinar and ask your attendees to tweet out takeaways or points that resonate for them. Go over your agenda to set expectations upfront.
Introduce yourself, share who you are and your story since most people won’t know you or any of that information. Remember, in order to sell anything to anybody, they have to know, like and trust you. So you want to do that as best as you can in your introduction.
Once you’re done sharing your story, sharing your credibility and/or social proof, you then get into the presentation, the main content of your presentation.
Once you’ve concluded with your content, this is where you’d lead into your offer, anything you’d want to sell them such as a product or service.
After you make your offer, if you have one to make, you do your Q&A.
Let’s talk about actionable steps you can take to start hosting your own webinars. Sign up for a webinar and watch how they are done. Look at internet marketers like Brendan Buchard, Lewis Howes, Jeff Walker.
Watch how to use webinar software with companies like Webinar Jam, Webinars on Air, Go To Webinar. In all of these webinars pay close attention to how they are structured; how the offer is presented and the usability of the platform that they are on.